Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
without youtube this world would be so sad
Posted by: jacknapier ()
Date: September 15, 2010 15:52

how did we live without it?
its like cell phones, I cant imagine, we ever lived without that.

hope the stones 'fans' will cover some moments of the coming up tour, that gazza will announce here

Re: without youtube this world would be so sad
Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: September 15, 2010 15:56

Yeah, I can't imagine what the Stones did in the '60s without YouTube! Without phones too! How could Keith survive the tours without logging in to check his e-mail? Wow.

eye rolling smiley

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: September 15, 2010 16:03

You kidding me? I rarely check youtube, but I think it has affected the world very much.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 15, 2010 16:27

jacknapier
hope the stones 'fans' will cover some moments of the coming up tour, that gazza will announce here

I can see another "Shower of Bastards" thread starting here now! grinning smiley

Date: September 15, 2010 16:37

yorkey
Yeah, I can't imagine what the Stones did in the '60s without YouTube! Without phones too! How could Keith survive the tours without logging in to check his e-mail? Wow.

eye rolling smiley

I am not talking about that what keith did 50 years ago, thats the problem on this board. people live in the past. maybe its no probelem, maybe its an effort

Date: September 15, 2010 16:37

Pelle
You kidding me? I rarely check youtube, but I think it has affected the world very much.

may I ask how old you are?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 15, 2010 16:52

Youtube is the new Napster. It's breaching a lot of copyrights, just like the old one. Yet, it's far easier to use because it runs in the familiarity of your internet browser whereas for using Napster, you'd had to use a client software.
It's also not an upstart anymore. Instead it's owned by the biggest moneymaker on the web today: G**gle. That means in contrast to Napster, Youtube is going to stay, because copyright holders don't want to mess with the market power of G**gle. It appears as though the youtube video is the fastest growing format to listen to new music at the time.

I prefer to buy my new music on CDs because lossless just sounds so much better but my girlfriend, when she wants to listen to a song these days, she logs on to youtube and in most cases, it's there, ready for listening.

I guess we'll see how that develops.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 15, 2010 17:08

You must be kidding...if they both disappeared tomorrow my world would be just fine.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 15, 2010 17:14

Everyone got along fine - and actually did a lot more - before motherfucking cell phones came out. The world would be a much better place without them.

youtube is the second most consumption of time that could be suitable for doing something productive.

Posting on fan sites is probably tied third, with FaceBook, ha ha.

Date: September 15, 2010 17:19

No Expectations
You must be kidding...if they both disappeared tomorrow my world would be just fine.

lol, ok. and you prefer candles to electricity too. thats a fine attitude

Date: September 15, 2010 17:48

A bit extreme there huh Jack? You big swinger you.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 15, 2010 17:55

skipstone

Posting on fan sites is probably tied third, with FaceBook, ha ha.

Humour and fact at the same time... love it!

smileys with beer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 15, 2010 18:52

I use Youtube ot discover "hot" new bands... Imho MOST of them are utter sh!t
(latest disapointment the "amazing" And So I Watch You From Afar).

A mouse click is far cheaper than buying a CD. I've been burnt far too many times in the past, now I check first on Youtube.

Date: September 15, 2010 19:55

skipstone
A bit extreme there huh Jack? You big swinger you.

well you have always been some kind of annoying. so ...
whats new?

Date: September 15, 2010 20:03

Colonial? You say "prefer candles to electricity". How daft. Zero relevance. Why don't you go look at Fisher's site about how big the next stage will be and therefor it can be the greatest one ever.

Date: September 15, 2010 20:08

a big stage is ok, but I want a loud stage without a b stage

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 15, 2010 20:10

I LOVE YOUTUBE!

I used to use it at work like a radio or to listen to documentaries even tv shows while I worked, but they cut our bandwith and now it's a big no-no.

My son and I can sit there for hours (not that we do) watching funny stuff like people falling. That sh*t never gets old for a simpleton like myself.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: September 15, 2010 20:16

jacknapier, no offense or anything, but your life is pretty sad if your vision of a sad world is one where youtube and cellphones don't exist. do you go into convulsions when your internet connection is down for a minute?

Date: September 15, 2010 20:17

jeeeez.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 15, 2010 20:21

It's a great tool to bring together groups of people and their interests that couldn't be gathered before. I like classic animation and the American Basketball Association and YouTube is a great place for cultists to post things. And it is a great place to hear an entire song before downloading it. And finally, where else can you see the Rolling Stones lip sync to 'I Got You Babe'?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: September 15, 2010 20:28

24FPS
It's a great tool to bring together groups of people and their interests that couldn't be gathered before. I like classic animation and the American Basketball Association and YouTube is a great place for cultists to post things. And it is a great place to hear an entire song before downloading it. And finally, where else can you see the Rolling Stones lip sync to 'I Got You Babe'?

That's funny, I like the ABA too. Probably because I used to wear out the 3-point line when I played. There's a good video of the '68 championship series (Pitt. vs. N.O.) with Connie Hawkins in it. I watched the '70 series with Indiana vs. LA - now that was some REAL gunning baybee. They'd drop 140 like it was nothin. The '76 slam dunk contest with the Doctor taking off from the foul line....those were the daze

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: September 15, 2010 21:08

I love YouTube and I love the internet. Don't think i'd want to live without all these nice technologies anymore., Saying this I must also say that I do miss the old days somehow, when seeing your fav band on TV was something special and you were looking for for weeks. Or hunting for records and old music magazines at record fairs. The feeling of purchasing something rare was golden. Now you have access to anything, anywhere at anytime. It all became too easy to get.

I haven't bought a CD since 2007 or 2008. Can't remember. Back in the days there wasn't a month I haven't bought at least one new album. Damn, times changed drasticalley in the last two decades.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 15, 2010 21:30

jacknapier
Pelle

may I ask how old you are?

may i ask how old YOU are?

...and please stop texting while driving.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: September 15, 2010 21:32

again, jeeeez.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 15, 2010 21:45

skipstone
Colonial? You say "prefer candles to electricity". How daft. Zero relevance. Why don't you go look at Fisher's site about how big the next stage will be and therefor it can be the greatest one ever.

skipstone..yea' thats the problem with you sad loners..ya' tend to get a bit paraniod on it..ya' ought to get out more..eye rolling smiley

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 15, 2010 21:47

jacknapier
again, jeeeez.

such a clever response.

i seriously wanted to know your age. obviously, if you're in your 20's your
perspective is completely different than someone in their 50s.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 15, 2010 22:12

I love the way that so much stuff I missed, or thought I'd never see again has resurfaced on YouTube - all you people who wish you'd been teenagers in the 60s should try imagining this scenario:

You've been waiting for days for the Stones' appearance on TV. Just as the programme is about to start your auntie and uncle come to visit, and the TV (and it would be the only one in the house in those days) is firmly switched OFF. The programme will not be repeated, and no way has yet been invented for you to record it. Aaaagh! And then you have to be polite to your visiting relatives.

Long live video recording and YouTube!

Date: September 15, 2010 22:27

sweet neo con
jacknapier
again, jeeeez.

such a clever response.

i seriously wanted to know your age. obviously, if you're in your 20's your
perspective is completely different than someone in their 50s.

whatever

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: September 15, 2010 22:29

how difficult is it to answer a simple question?

Date: September 15, 2010 22:32

I do not respond when absurd comments like stop typing while drivin are said
sorry

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home